System locking up - None responsive

Teken

System locking up - None responsive

Post by Teken » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:42 pm

Most recently I have seen my Autelis Bridge become locked up and not accessible. Meaning the web page no longer loads correctly and no amount of refreshing or closing the web browser and coming back will solve this. The only solution is to hard reboot the controller which immediately brings the unit back on line.

The only saving grace is I have the unit connected to a remote web based switch which can remove power. One thing I forgot to check is if the system would reply back to a local ping and plan to do so if this problem happens again. This would offer some insight about what aspects of the hardware is still active. This problem has been seen at least five times now spanning approx one month.

Is this a sign there is a hardware failure pending?
autelis
Site Admin

Re: System locking up - None responsive

Post by autelis » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:58 pm

Thanks for your post. It is unclear what may be causing your problems from the symptoms described. If you are able to narrow the problem down to a cable or power supply or the unit itself please let us know.
Autelis.com Staff
Teken

Post by Teken » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:24 pm

Not sure why this reply wasn't received but regardless I shall if and when it happens again.
Teken

Post by Teken » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:29 am

Having changed out the Ethernet cable and power supply the system continues to lock up and be none accessible. The only remedy thus far has been to pull the power out and let the box reboot. I have been seeing consistent lock ups in my ISY Series Controller since this problem arose.

I would appreciate some insight and help on this as its impacting the reliability of my systems.
autelis
Site Admin

Post by autelis » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:49 pm

Thanks for your post. We would suggest you try a few things to narrow down the problem.

How often does the device enter this state?
What are the symptoms of ISY lock ups and are they avoided if your autelis device is offline?
If you disable ISY in your autelis device does it change anything?
If you unplug your 1-wire network does it change anything?
If you periodically send a reboot command from your ISY to your autelis device does it mitigate the issue?

Thanks
Autelis.com Staff