5.XX Alpha is out - Please test

Teken

5.XX Alpha is out - Please test

Post by Teken » Tue May 19, 2015 10:44 am

Hello Autelis,

UDI has just released 5.XX Alpha for developers and those invited to participate in the development of this new frame work. As discussed in the past it was indicated this new release may allow the Autelis Bridge (State Variables) to be sent to Smart Energy Groups (SEG).

Can I ask you to sample this new frame work and provide the members a step by step outline of how to push the Autelis Bridge temperature / humidity readings to SEG.

This will provide all of us tremendous insight and having the ability to recall those historic values for later review.

Much Thanks!

http://wiki.universal-devices.com/index ... e=V50_MAIN

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topi ... a-is-here/
Teken

Re: 5.XX Alpha is out - Please test

Post by Teken » Wed May 20, 2015 1:07 pm

I wanted to let everyone know the latest 4.3.1 Beta release allows us to send our Autelis Bridge data to SEG. With the great help of my dear from Xathros I have been able to push the temperature state variables into SEG. I've only included the first 18 as I have 72 sensors in my set up.

So given the massive amount of work it takes to create all of the resources and streams in SEG. I decided to only publish the one's that are important to me and for those interested in seeing the basic's I have in place.

I will be doing a step by step guide from start to finish to help those who wish to do the same. This will be published in my *Install Guide* at the Brultech forums.
Teken

Post by Teken » Wed May 20, 2015 9:54 pm

I have created a thread detailing the steps required to push the state variables from the ISY to SEG. I hope very much this information proves helpful to those in the future who may consider purchasing the Autelis Bridge.

Please note, this is my first pass at the set up guide and will update it with more information as time allows.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topi ... seg-guide/
autelis
Site Admin

Post by autelis » Fri May 22, 2015 10:54 am

Thanks for your posts!
Autelis.com Staff
autelis
Site Admin

Post by autelis » Fri May 22, 2015 1:06 pm

Looking briefly at the SEG API, it should be possible to update more than one stream with a single network resource if desired. This way you may not need a network resource for every sensor.

Thanks
Autelis.com Staff
Teken

Post by Teken » Fri May 22, 2015 1:17 pm

autelis wrote:Looking briefly at the SEG API, it should be possible to update more than one stream with a single network resource if desired. This way you may not need a network resource for every sensor.

Thanks
This is correct and I did mention this briefly in the install guide. The problem I was trying to avoid was if a sensor was static in temperature it would be a little harder to determine where the fault was. Moving forward once this has been in production for a few weeks I will include all streams into one network resource and see how that performs.

The GEM / Dash Box already does this so I know it works.

The Autelis Bridge has open a huge door for me and others and I wanted to spread the word about this fantastic 1 wire product. Its safe to say you should be seeing a uptick in sales in the next little while.
Teken

Post by Teken » Mon May 25, 2015 7:42 am

I wanted to know if there is a method in future releases to figure out how to program the ISY to send a time stamp in case there is a drop in data transmission.

Brultech has just recently integrated this feature into their Dash Box. This essentially allows the system to back fill any missing data in the SEG services. I would like to know what sort of programming in the ISY could be done to replicate the same function.
autelis
Site Admin

Post by autelis » Tue May 26, 2015 3:13 pm

We are not aware of any current method to push historical data which failed to publish from within ISY and our device does not support historical data at this time.

Thanks
Autelis.com Staff
Teken

Post by Teken » Fri May 29, 2015 7:35 am

autelis wrote:We are not aware of any current method to push historical data which failed to publish from within ISY and our device does not support historical data at this time.

Thanks
Understood and thank you for confirming this. I wish more people would try this solution which I have documented about. Because I believe what I am seeing is possibly a (expected) behavior regardless if I like it or not.

Essentially what I am observing in my SEG account is a drop in data or gaps. My guess is there are sensors that are stable and the temperature is not changing at all. And the network resource only fires off upon a state variable change so this shows up as a gap in the data because nothing has changed during that period.

I dunno . . .
autelis
Site Admin

Post by autelis » Fri May 29, 2015 11:47 am

Yes this is the most likely situation: the values have not changed so there is no update. If you had a big change in value between updates then there may be missing data.
Autelis.com Staff