Installation Questions

btrelfa

Installation Questions

Post by btrelfa » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:02 pm

Please help.

I have two new Sonesse® 30 RS485 motors that I'm trying to control with Autelis SC100SDN.

From the documentation I've pieced together from Somfy and Autelis, it would appear that I should be able to directly control these motors using SC100SDN Web interface.

I've connected the 3-wire RS485 cables from the motors (3-wire JST cable) to the Autelis the connection block. Of course Autelis and motors have been powered. Motors are working are proven by DCT-30 limit setting tool. The motors are powered separately via their own AC power adapter.

So here's the problem. When I access the Autelis Shadecontrol app, I don't see the motors listed. Under Controls I see only "All Shades". Similarly, under "Program --> Select Shade" I only see "all".

Any ideas what could be wrong?
autelis
Site Admin

Re: Installation Questions

Post by autelis » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Thanks for your question. Please make sure that Shade Control is receiving power on the power input pin of the orange 4-pin terminal connector. Since you may not have any 12V DC sources as part of your SDN Network, the required 5-12V DC input can be supplied from the included splitter cable with the included power supply (white stripe is positive wire, black wire to ground).

Once you have satisfied the power requirements, use the program page to add each of your motors to Shade Control. Under "Add Shade", enter the address of the motor as printed on the device and then click the appropriate button depending on the type of motor (RS485 = ILT3).

Please let us know if this solves your issue.

Thanks.
Autelis.com Staff
btrelfa

Re: Installation Questions

Post by btrelfa » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Thanks. Problem solved! Appreciate the quick response.