Mastertemp / Easytouch / Screenlogic / ISY Temperature errors

marcl

Mastertemp / Easytouch / Screenlogic / ISY Temperature errors

Post by marcl » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:55 am

Hello,

I really appreciate what the Autelis device brings to my pool/smarthome setup! Most of it is working perfectly, but, I can not figure out how to get the correct temperature readings for my pool and spa. I have a Mastertemp heater which heats either the Pool or Spa water (depending on how the valves are set).

In my screenlogic app the correct temperatures are displayed (currently 84 for the pool and 97 for the spa), but, the Autelis is reporting 84 for both the pool and the spa while the pool water is circulating through the heater. The Autelis correctly reports the different temperature setpoints, and that the system is currently set to heat the pool (spaht = 0 and poolht = 1).

If I change the system to heat the spa instead of the pool, the Autelis correctly identifies the change in the operating conditions (spaht = 1 and poolht = 0), but, reports 97 degrees for both the pool and spa. The screenlogic app still correctly identifies the different temperatures.

I see the same data in both the 192.168.1.13/status.xml and in my ISY variables, so I suspect I have an Autelis setting configured incorrectly, but, I can not figure out what it is. Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks!
Marc
autelis
Site Admin

Re: Mastertemp / Easytouch / Screenlogic / ISY Temperature errors

Post by autelis » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:04 pm

Thanks for your post. The system can only read "water temperature" of the currently circulating body so the inactive body is really a "last known temperature". But pool and spa temperatures are reported separately so this should not happen. What Pentair system model and firmware type do you have?
Autelis.com Staff
marcl

Post by marcl » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:51 pm

Hi,

I have the EasyTouch2.4 with firmware 2.150. I'm not sure if it matters, but, the version for the Protocol Adapter is 5.2 Build 736.0 Rel.

For the ISY, I've been running 4.6.2 since it was released. (Version 4.7.3 has been out for almost two months, and I'll likely migrate to that soon)

I've continued to adjust settings since my original post, and still experience the same behavior.

Marc
autelis
Site Admin

Post by autelis » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Is this only when the heater is running or does this also happen with the heater off?
Autelis.com Staff