Mastertemp / Easytouch / Screenlogic / ISY Temperature errors

marcl

Mastertemp / Easytouch / Screenlogic / ISY Temperature errors

Post by marcl » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:55 am

Hello,

I really appreciate what the Autelis device brings to my pool/smarthome setup! Most of it is working perfectly, but, I can not figure out how to get the correct temperature readings for my pool and spa. I have a Mastertemp heater which heats either the Pool or Spa water (depending on how the valves are set).

In my screenlogic app the correct temperatures are displayed (currently 84 for the pool and 97 for the spa), but, the Autelis is reporting 84 for both the pool and the spa while the pool water is circulating through the heater. The Autelis correctly reports the different temperature setpoints, and that the system is currently set to heat the pool (spaht = 0 and poolht = 1).

If I change the system to heat the spa instead of the pool, the Autelis correctly identifies the change in the operating conditions (spaht = 1 and poolht = 0), but, reports 97 degrees for both the pool and spa. The screenlogic app still correctly identifies the different temperatures.

I see the same data in both the 192.168.1.13/status.xml and in my ISY variables, so I suspect I have an Autelis setting configured incorrectly, but, I can not figure out what it is. Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Thanks!
Marc
autelis
Site Admin

Re: Mastertemp / Easytouch / Screenlogic / ISY Temperature errors

Post by autelis » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:04 pm

Thanks for your post. The system can only read "water temperature" of the currently circulating body so the inactive body is really a "last known temperature". But pool and spa temperatures are reported separately so this should not happen. What Pentair system model and firmware type do you have?
Autelis.com Staff
marcl

Post by marcl » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:51 pm

Hi,

I have the EasyTouch2.4 with firmware 2.150. I'm not sure if it matters, but, the version for the Protocol Adapter is 5.2 Build 736.0 Rel.

For the ISY, I've been running 4.6.2 since it was released. (Version 4.7.3 has been out for almost two months, and I'll likely migrate to that soon)

I've continued to adjust settings since my original post, and still experience the same behavior.

Marc
autelis
Site Admin

Post by autelis » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:55 pm

Is this only when the heater is running or does this also happen with the heater off?
Autelis.com Staff
marcl

Post by marcl » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:59 am

I've just tried several different settings to see exactly what happens.

It appears that the breakdown is between the Pentair and Autelis equipment, and not between the Autelis and ISY.

Currently, with the pool circulation ON without the heater on (it previously was),
192.168..../status/xml is reporting pooltemp =58 and spatemp =58
Screenlogic is reporting pooltemp =58 and spatemp =65

Via the screenlogic controls, I've switched the operating mode from the Pool to SPA, still with the heater off. As some of the colder water that was in our supply lines mixed with the SPA water, the SPA temperature initially dropped to 59, and then quickly rose to 64 as the water mixed. I watched this occur in the Screenlogic app, and as I refreshed 192.168..../status/xml, I saw both the pooltemp and spatemp drop to 59, and rise to 64 in sync with the screenlogic data. However, in the screenlogic app, once I switched from pool to spa, only the spa tempterature changed. The pool temperature in the screenlogic app remained steady at 58. I've let it sit in this condition for several minutes and we have
192.168..../status/xml is reporting pooltemp =64 and spatemp =64
Screenlogic is reporting pooltemp =58 and spatemp =64

I'm leaving the system in SPA mode, and am turning on the SPA heat via the screenlogic controls (the heat setpoint for the spa is 98). Refreshing 192.168..../status/xml, I can see that spaht is now 1 (it was previously 0) and htsatus is now 3 (it was previously 0). After a relatively short time, the screenlogic app has noticed an increase in the water temperature. Currently we have
192.168..../status/xml is reporting pooltemp =66 and spatemp =66
Screenlogic is reporting pooltemp =58 and spatemp =66

I've turned off the SPA heat, and will now switch from SPA operation to POOL operation, turning on the pool heat. On the screenlogic app, the SPA temperature remains at 66, but the pool temperature reacts to this change. it initially increases to (about) 64 as the hot water in the lines pulled through the system, and then quickly dropped to 58 as it mixed with the larger volume of pool water. The screenlogic app and 192.168..../status/xml were in sync the entire time, with both pooltemp and spatemp matching the Pooltemp as reported in screenlogic. After a relatively short time we have
192.168..../status/xml is reporting pooltemp =58 and spatemp =58
Screenlogic is reporting pooltemp =58 and spatemp =66

I believe I've realized what's happening... I suspect the Pentair system only reports one temperature, but, when it's in 'pool' mode they do not update the value for the spa temperature in screenlogic. During Pool operation, the screenlogic value for the SPA temperature is the last reported temperature from the most recent time the system was in SPA mode. I.e., during POOL mode, only the pool temperature is updated, and in SPA mode only the SPA temperature is updated.