Post by mda » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:08 pm

mda wrote:
autelis wrote:
mda wrote:
Its a Jandy ePump

and I have an Aquapure salt water chlorine generator

Thanks
Please try http://www.autelis.com/downloads/pc100j ... 1.6.12.jar
What does the value 9 mean in the <avail> element in /chem.xml?

Thanks!
@autelis I seem to still be seeing <avail>9</avail> in /chem.xml on 1.6.12 when the filter pump is off or when the Aquaure RS422 is disconnected from the Jandys iAqualink system.

In these conditions, the iAqualink web page tells me the Aquapure is not available, but Autelis does not give any indication that there is any problem, it just continues to report that the Aquapure is connected, there is no error, and the values are the same as they were the last time it saw the Aquapure in the system.

This caused me a problem the other day when my Aquapure had in fact had an issue but Autelis continued to report everything was fine to Homeseer and therefore Homeseer did not alert me.

Could you please give this a look? Thanks!

For example, here is what /chem.xml on 1.6.12 returns right now when my filter pump is off. (At the same time, if I click on the Aquapure button on the iAqualink web page, I get an error "AquaPure not found. Pump must be ON to access AquaPure menu.")

Code: Select all

<response>
  <chem>
     <avail>9</avail>
     <chlrp>15</chlrp>
     <saltp>68</saltp>
     <chlrs>5</chlrs>
     <salts>68</salts>
     <chlrerr>0</chlrerr>
     <orp1>0</orp1>
     <orp2>0</orp2>
     <ph1>0</ph1>
     <ph2>0</ph2>
     <orpfd1>0</orpfd1>
     <orpfd2>0</orpfd2>
     <phfd1>0</phfd1>
     <phfd2>0</phfd2>
  </chem>
</response>
PS: I am assuming a value of 9 in the <avail> attribute means the Aquapure is available as that is what it shows all the time?
autelis
Site Admin

Re: chem data not matching Keypad data

Post by autelis » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:55 pm

Thanks for the information. The available flags are intended to show feature capability and not current status. We will try to implement an error condition for chlorinator offline when pump is on since some systems power off the chlorinator with the pump.
Autelis.com Staff
mda

Re: chem data not matching Keypad data

Post by mda » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:07 pm

autelis wrote:Thanks for the information. The available flags are intended to show feature capability and not current status. We will try to implement an error condition for chlorinator offline when pump is on since some systems power off the chlorinator with the pump.
Thanks! In previous versions of the Autelis firmware, if the Aquapure was not connected via RS422, the /chem.xml and /chem.htm pages would not display (whether the pump was on or not). This behavior changed with 1.6.12

If you return <avail>0</avail> or do not return when /chem.xml is called (which is the behavior the Autelis used to exhibit before 1.6.12) the Homeseer plugin will detect it and trigger an alert. So it would be fine if you just go back to not returning /chem.xml when no Aquapure is connected like you used to, if that is the easiest fix. Thanks!